Thursday, September 14, 2017

The Twist this week at Twisted Thursday is...Leaf/Leaves.  Our sponsor this month is
DigiStamps 4 Joy.   This week I used the image numbered ds016, an adorable owl!
I tried something new.  This is a pressed leaf technique.  I used real leaves,  Mountain Ash and Silver Maple, that I picked in my yard.  I placed the leaves between two pieces of watercolor paper and ran it through my Big Shot Machine.   You end up with two finished pieces, but one is much lighter.   Depending on the type of leaf you use, you may also get an indentation in the paper like a debossed image!  I'm still experimenting with different leaves!

I used the image on the inside of the card!
Thanks or stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. This is very unique and I love the results you achieved. Beautiful and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Janet, I could hardly wait to get over here to see how you managed to make such a gorgeous card! We don't have any trees in our yard, but I could go and "borrow" some from a neighbor. I must try this. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun technique! I've never seen this before; I love it! I wonder if it would work with flowers? hmm......

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Janet! Love the front but also love the inside! Owls are my favorite ... that was a fun surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely missed this one, Janet!! Glad I found it because it is so soft and beautiful! I definitely am going to try your leaf technique!! I was just reading Katrina's comment. I bet it might work with red or purple flowers, too!
    Hugs!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...