Thursday, August 14, 2014

It's Thursday and that means another new challenge has started at the Outlawz!  This week the challenge is the usual "Anything Goes...with the twist being...Spread Your Wings and Fly"!   This theme is perfect for anyone starting something new...first day of school, off to college, new job or any new venture!   I tried something new for me, this week!  
I first cut this card base using my Silhouette.   The base and the butterfly pieces came with the file.   I used a pack of paper that I got at Wal-Mart called watercolor paper.   It is a nice paper that is 12x12 and no two pieces are alike.  They look like swirled watercolor backgrounds.   I started with the pink base, but I cut the butterfly pieces from a yellowish piece.   Next, I added some Inspirations glitter paint to the butterflies.   It is kind of translucent, so you can still see the yellow, just hints of the paint color show.   But then....I added UTEE ( Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) to the butterflies!   I had never used this stuff before, but I have to say, I like it!!  I watched some videos on how to use it.   It is just like embossing powder, but it gets very thick, almost like a plastic coating, and shiny!  So now the butterflies are thicker and coated and really stand out!   It's much better in person!  I used clear, so the paint I added still shows.   I think you can add glitter to this stuff...I will have to experiment!  You just use a heat gun like with regular embossing powder.
I stamped the flower image on the front of the card using Olive Green ink, some dark, some light to give it some dimension, and then I added some white to the flowers using a Stampin Up Chalk Pen.   I had the sentiment, so I stamped it on a pre-cut shape and mounted it with pop dots.  The butterflies were also added with pop dots.

A close-up, but still doesn't do it justice!


Inside I stamped some more of the same flower, and then added some small stamped butterflies.
 I will be using UTEE again.   I got mine at Susanna's Custom Art and Card Design!
Don't forget to visit this month's generous sponsors:
&
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...