Friday, December 20, 2013

Just a few days until Christmas, are you ready?  I am almost there!   I decided I was going to continue making a few Christmas cards even after Christmas.  That either means I am really late, or super early for next year!   Lets go with super early!  So you may see some Christmas things popping up after Christmas!  But for today, I made this super cute Snowman Card for a very dear friend!
He is very easy to make, using a die!   Stampin Up makes a die called a top note die that can be used for this.   I used a Spellbinders die to make the white base and then cut it again for the black part of the hat.   I then freehanded the brim shape.   I used buttons for his eyes and mouth, cut a nose and added the paper bow and holly leaves.   The glitter paper is from Stampin Up.   Their glitter paper is quite thick and worked great for the hat so it doesn't fall backwards.   Otherwise you may have to back it with something to give it some stiffness.   There are many versions of this card on Youtube and Pinterest.   

Then I made these snowman, candy holders!   There is a York Peppermint Patty in between the layers of his stomach!   They would make such cute school treats!   There is enough room to write names on the snowman!   I even tried other mini candy bars, and they work, too!
This is made with the WeR Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board, or the Stampin Up Punch Board!  I followed this Youtube video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=19QLlO883mM  by Jackie Topa.   She explains all the measurements really well.   However, if you don't have the punchboard, I think the directions could be easily adapted to a small circle punch or even tracing something like a quarter or even free handing it!   The cuts are so simple you don't reality need the punchboard!
The scarves and hat band are made with Washi tape and then I added black gems for the buttons and a flower embellishment on his hat.   The buttons can be done with paper dots and so can the flower!
These are fast and fun to make, and older children certainly could do them!
Happy Holidays to everyone!   
I really appreciate all that visit my blog!
    



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...