Thursday, September 18, 2014

Its another Twisted Thursday at the Outlawz!  And because Autumn is about to begin, our Challenge this week is..."Anything Goes...with the Twist being...First Day Of Fall"!   So, Happy Fall Y'All!
I chose this pumpkin image from our sponsor, Oak Pond Creations.  For me, Pumpkins have always meant Fall is here!  I love the vibrant Fall colors!  I colored this one with Prismacolor Pencils!  I added a Distress Ink background that I learned at Marie Gamber's Background Class at CMC!  This is an awesome class, and I guarantee that you will never look at an image in the same way again!  Check it out!
I added some Stickles to the leaves of the pumpkin  to add some sparkle and then layered the image on a piece of embossed foil!  I added a strip of ribbon to the bottom, because my embossing folder was not quite big enough and left a plain area at the bottom.  I added a piece of plain green background paper and adhered it to my card base.  I then stamped (or tried to) my sentiment at the bottom.   I learned that stamping on top of water resistant pencils is a challenge!   Because of the waxy coating that makes them water resistant, the ink doesn't stamp well at all.  So, after it was all done I just traced over the stamped sentiment with a fine tipped Sharpie.   That worked!

Inside, I added some punched out pumpkins and vines, added some Wink of Stella, some Dazzle leaves, and a white cut out on which to write, with some orange background paper.

That's it for this week...be sure to visit Oak Pond Creations for some great designs!
Thanks for stopping by this week and visiting....come back soon!
Have a great week!
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...