Thursday, September 4, 2014

OMGoodness, it is September, already!  I hope everyone enjoyed the Labor Day holiday, and had some end of the season picnics and fun!
This week at the Outlawz, the Twisted Thursday Challenge is, "Anything Goes...with the twist being....Make Something Sparkle"!  I used this underwater scene created by Oak Pond Creations, who just happens to be our sponsor for this month!
I colored the image with Copic Pens, then wanted to make it "sparkly" for the challenge!  So, I added some silver charms, some Perfect Pearls for the bubbles and some Dazzles for seaweed!   But, I wanted more "Sparkle", so I decided to experiment!   In the sandy area at the bottom there is some pink glitter that looks like sand.   The experiment was...I did this with glitter nail polish!   It went on so easy with the little brush and does not react with the Copic ink or the printer ink!   And once it is dry, it does not flake off like glitter, and it lays flatter and more smooth!   It is hard to see in the picture, but I really like how it came out!  I used the glitter nail polish that has glitter suspended in clear nail polish.  When it dries, you don't even see the clear polish, just the glitter, at least the colors I used worked this way!  I hope you will experiment with this, also!  I think it will work great for Christmas and snow scenes!  

Inside I just used more of the same elements found on the front of the card to tie it all together!
I hope you find time to join us at the Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge and that you visit Oak Pond Creations for some great digis!
Thanks for stopping in and have a great week!
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...