Thursday, January 30, 2014

This week's Twisted Thursday Challenge is Anything Goes....with the twist being....Anything goes!!   So that leaves the door wide open for your creativity!   These are always fun, because you can just create whatever you want! Our sponsors for this month are...
Sponsors for the month of January are
Besties Designs


and Paper Temptress


This is Bestie....img. 815.  Isn't she adorable?   She looks like she is ready for summer fun!
I colored her with Copic Pens, and then cut her out with a Spellbinders Die, and then cut multiple layers with the same die.   The easel card base was cut with this same die.  The flowers on the sides were cut using a Heartfelt Creations die that I just got!   I love this die.   There are many sizes of flowers to layer.

This is a view of the easel card open.

And this is the inside of the card.   I cut some more layers with the Spellbinders Die, but didn't want as many layers as the front, but I didn't want so much plain white either, so I used chalk and made a swirled background with similar colors from the papers.   I used the finger dabbers to swirl the chalk. I am learning all about creative backgrounds at Marie Gamber's fabulous class, Creative Backgrounds With Marie Gamber over at CMC.http://scrapbitzcopics.ning.com
I hope you take the time to check it out....I promise you won't be disappointed!
 I love making easel cards and they really are quite easy to do.   Here are a couple of links to videos that really explain it well!  

This one is for a basic easel card.

This one is for a shaped easel card.

Have a great week....thanks for stopping by!
Janet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...