Thursday, February 26, 2015

I can't believe its the end of February already!  Its Thursday, so that means the start of another new challenge at Twisted Thursday at the Outlawz!  This week the theme is "Anything Goes, with the Twist being....Anything Goes"!  Our sponsor this month is Stitchy Bear.  I used the image called Tree On A Hill.
I started by coloring the image with Polychromos Pencils.   I just added a bit of color, not much.   I then added some color to the sky and ground, again not much.  Then I used the dryer sheet technique.  You can find many videos demonstrating this technique.  I used spray glue on the back of the dryer sheet and then laid it on top of the image.  Then I added some super fine glitter and rubbed it in with my fingers.  I tapped off the excess and what stays behind sticks in the glue, so it doesn't keep falling off.  I did the whole card in brown tones.  The first layer is a dark brown snowflake paper and the Kraft paper has been embossed with snowflakes!  A piece of brown ribbon with some gems was added for contrast.

Inside is rather plain, I just kept the brown theme.

This is a closeup trying to show the glitter!
Come join us at the Outlawz this week, you just may be the winner of some awesome prizes!
Thanks for stopping by!
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...